Are Bacon nutrition facts an important factor to consider while consuming or buying bacon? Yes, it is very important to keep an eye on what you are consuming. Bacon is extremely popular among people because of its unbeatable taste. And this turns a big cause behind why we ignore the nutritions and ingredients of such tasty food. But, it doesn’t mean every tasty food is healthy and every healthy food is tasty. Bacon has a unique flavour which comes from pork, fat, salt, and sometimes added sugar. It is sometimes different in the U.K and Canada than in the U.S. because their bacon is taken from the back of the pig, making it taste more similar to ham. Let’s have a look at the bacon nutrition facts.
Click here – What Are Gatorade Nutrition Facts?
What Are Bacon Nutrition Facts?
Bacon nutrition facts are
|Bacon Nutrition Facts
|% Daily Values
Note: The given nutrition facts bacon are based on serving size of 3 slices of 35 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- 2 slices of bacon nutrition facts contains 107.3 calories, total fat of 8 g, trans fat of 0g, saturated fat of 2.7g, cholesterol of 22.7 mg, sodium of 387.3mg, potassium of 114.7mg, and total carbohydrates of 0.4g.
- Thick bacon nutrition facts of serving size of a slice of 12 grams are, 56 calories, 4.2g total fat, 1.4g saturated fat, 12mg sodium, 60mg potassium, and 0.2g total carbohydrates.
- Turkey bacon nutrition facts of serving a slice are 60 calories, 4.2g fat, 328mg sodium, 0.7g carbohydrates, 0g fibre, 0.7g sugars, and 4.8g protein.
- The nutrition facts of bacon changes after cooking it. So, the bacon nutrition facts after cooking a serving of two slices are 0g total carbs, 0g net barbs, 5g fat, 90 calories, and 6g protein.
- Bacon nutrition facts per slice serving of 8.1 gram are 44 calories, 3.5g total fat, 1.2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 8.7g cholesterol, 178mg sodium, 44mg potassium, 0.1g total carbohydrates, and 2.8g protein.
- Bacon nutrition facts 100g serving are calories 508, cholesterol 107 mg, total carbohydrate 1.24g, potassium 508mg, sodium 2300mg, and protein 30.7g.
- Bacon nutrition facts per oz serving size of 28.35g are 118.2 calories, 101.3 calories from fat, total fat 8.5g, cholesterol 24.1mg, sodium 500mg, potassium 102mg, total carbohydrates 0.2g, and protein 7.7g.
Bacon Ingredients are
- Sodium Phosphates
- Sodium Ascorbate
- Sodium Nitrate
What Is Bacon?
Bacon is the cut form of the pig that is very fatty and has a long layer of fat running parallel to the rind. The meat is a popular choice and favourite because of its unbeatable test. It comes from the belly fats of the pig, is salt-cured, and often smoked before reaching grocery store shelves.
It is made after removal of the spare ribs, is curved, either dry or in pickle, and smoked. Some varieties, especially Canadian bacon, are cut from the lion portion of the pork, which is more len, bacon was for centuries the staple meat of the Western European peasantry.
It has an extremely high amount of fats and is therefore not an especially nutritious meat. By weight, raw American-style bacon contains only about 8.5% protein.
Bacon contains some essential micronutrients such as potassium, which supports bone health, heart health, muscle strength and prevents high blood pressure. But, don’t consume it daily, because daily bacon leads to heart disease by increasing excess bad cholesterol.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
What Is The Nutritional Value Of Bacon?
Bacon Is Fairly Nutritious
37 grams of high-quality animal protein. Vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5, B6 and B12. 89% of the RDA for selenium. 53% of the RDA for phosphorus.
Is Bacon Good For A Healthy Diet?
While bacon should only be eaten occasionally and in small amounts, due to its high levels of fat, cholesterol, and sodium, there are some health benefits to eating bacon. These health benefits may be important for people with certain medical conditions.
How Often Should You Eat Bacon?
How much bacon is safe to eat? The current advice from the NHS recommends that if you currently eat more than 90g (cooked weight) of red and processed meats a day, you should cut it down to 70g a day.
Is Sausage Healthier Than Bacon?
Bacon and sausage are arguably the most popular breakfast meat options. Bacon is the lower-calorie and lower-fat option of the two. A serving of sausage links contains the most protein, but the protein content of sausage patties and bacon strips is comparable.
Click here – What Are Mountain Dew Nutrition Facts?
Is Bacon A Healthy Fat?
Bacon is Loaded with Healthy Fats. Half the fat in bacon is monounsaturated and contains a high percentage of “heart-healthy” oleic acid.
How Many Calories Are In 2 Slices Of Cooked Bacon?
Two cooked slices have 62 calories, as opposed to 82 calories for two pork bacon slices. Pork bacon is lower in carbohydrates, with . 2 grams in two strips versus . 5 grams of carbs in two turkey bacon strips.
What Are The Benefits Of Bacon?
Bacon contains thiamin, niacin, zinc, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, phosphorous, magnesium, iron and riboflavin. In addition, bacon is a top source of food that can boast one of the highest protein-to-fat balances.
Can I Eat Bacon Everyday?
In light of the more recent evidence, it’s best to reduce your intake of all processed meats to once every couple of weeks. Therefore, keeping your bacon intake to a minimum is recommended – eating it every couple of weeks is best.
What Is The Unhealthiest Meat?
Finally, health experts say to stay away from processed meats, which are generally considered to be unhealthy. These include any meat that has been smoked, salted, cured, dried, or canned. Compared to fresh meat, processed meats are high in sodium and can have double the amount of nitrates.
Above you have known the slice of bacon nutrition fact, cooked bacon nutrition facts, 3 slices of bacon nutrition facts, and several such facts with change in serving quantity. Bacon is the most popular meat in the United States, eaten for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and even dessert. The word bacon means “meat from the back of an animal”. But, the AMerican bacon is made from the pork belly only and not from other animals. The survey found that, near about 70% bacon in the United States is eaten at breakfast and more than 2 million pounds of bacon is produced yearly. So, this was all about the bacon nutrition facts.
How healthy is bacon for you
How many calories are in a serving of bacon?