Are you conscious about what you eat? Then you should read about bagel nutrition facts that are given here. Many people get confused between bagels and bread and they think both are the same. But, there is a difference between bagels and bread. A bagel is nothing but a type of bread product that takes the shape of a doughnut.
The major and main difference between bagels and bread is in their preparation methods. This means bagels are boiled in water before baking whereas bread is not. You get to see many flavored bagels in the market including cream cheese bagels, blueberry bagels, whole wheat bagels, etc, we will discuss all of them. Let’s get started and know bagel nutrition facts.
What Are Bagel Nutrition Facts?
Bagel nutrition facts are
|Bagel Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
Note: The given plain bagel nutrition facts are based on the serving size of 1 medium bagel of 105 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Bagel with cream cheese nutrition facts of one bagel of 124 grams is 453 calories, 14 grams of total fat, 6.8 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 42 milligrams of cholesterol, 1719 milligrams of sodium, 278 milligrams of potassium, 58 grams of total carbohydrates, 11 grams of sugars, and 23 grams of protein.
- There are other nutritional facts also but here we have given some important and majorly found nutritional facts about bagels. As you can see, Bagel calories with cream cheese are very high which is more than bagel calories plain.
- Blueberry bagel nutrition facts of two bagels of 248 grams is 576 calories, total fat 2.8g, saturated fat 0.8g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 886mg, potassium 254mg, total carbohydrates 116g, dietary fiber 4.2g, sugars 22g, and proteins 22g.
- Are whole wheat bagels healthy? Yes, whole wheat bagels have numerous health benefits over traditional pain bagels. Whole wheat bagel calories found in one bagel of size 120 grams are 289. 1.5g total fat, 7.2 mg cholesterol, 431 mg sodium, 245 mg potassium, 57g total carbohydrates, and 12g protein.
- New York bagel calories in a serving size of one piece of 31 grams are 53. Keep in mind, New York bagel is not a type of bagel but a company in Baton Rouge, Los Angeles. They are popular for bagels and other than bagels they provide cream cheese and smoked fish.
- Sesame bagel calories found in one bagel of size 112 grams are 317. Total fats 4.8g, cholesterol 0mg, sodium 444 mg, potassium 146 mg, total carbohydrates 57g, and protein 12g.
Bagel ingredients are,
What Are Bagels?
Bagel is a type of bread that is made in a doughnut shape and boiled before baking. Instead of boiling you can also steam them, making traditionalist label the final product anything but a bagel. Conventional bagel has a chewy texture and a slightly crispy outer layer, accomplished by handling the bread dough especially before it is cooked, preventing the dough from rising too much and giving the bagel a bread-like texture.
While making bagels, the cook uses bagel dough, which contains flour, yeast, water, salt, and sweeteners. Some regional cooks add egg to the bagels for a more chewy texture and also other things like cinnamon, raisins, dried fruit, etc.
The calories from bagels are nutritious and also good for you. but, whole wheat bagel consumption is associated with a lower risk of colorectal cancer, stroke, obesity, heart disease, and diabetes.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Are Bagels Unhealthy Or Healthy?
The good news is that the calories from bagels are nutritious and good for you (when you forgo the chocolate chips or sugary toppings), so you can make room for them in your diet. As is often the case, portion size is most important. Opt for smaller bagels and stick to just a half.
Is Bagel Healthier Than Bread?
Unfortunately there’s no simple answer to this question. In terms of calories, on average one bagel has more calories than one slice of bread. However, if you choose to have a bagel with more fibre, this may help you feel fuller for longer and potentially reduce your snacking throughout the day.
Are Bagels Healthy Protein?
Bagels tend to provide a good amount of protein as well. An egg or whole-grain bagel can supply 8 to 11 grams of protein, depending on the size and ingredient specifics. This is slightly more protein than a typical egg provides, while a cup of milk provides 8 grams of protein.
Is A Bagel Considered Junk Food?
Instead, they promote heart disease and diabetes and can make it more difficult for you to lose weight. Unhealthy sources of carbs come from stuff that is highly processed and refined, like white bread, pastries, and sodas. Unfortunately, bagels often fall into the unhealthy carb category.
The origin of the bagel is 100 years old. It is uncertain when bagels burst into the popular baking scene, but they probably originated among Eastern European Kewish people.
Traditionally, the bagel is associated with Jewish cuisine, and specimens can be found all over the world, especially in the Jewish quarter of major cities. You can also make bagels at home, although it does take some work. Now, you can eat bagels as you know about bagel nutrition facts.