Have you eaten a California roll? If yes, then you might have seen a California roll nutrition facts label on the packaging. In today’s article, we are going to discuss the nutrition facts of California roll in detail. Do you know? A California roll was invented in the 1970s in Los Angeles, California, therefore, its name is the California roll. It was invented in response to a general American distaste for eating raw fish. California roll is the best example of mixed cuisine, combining American ingredients with traditional Japanese food for a fresh and different flavor. Let’s come back to our California roll nutrition facts.
What Are California Roll Nutrition Facts?
California Roll nutrition facts are
|Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
Note: The given nutrition facts of California Roll are based on a serving size of 125 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
- California roll sushi nutrition facts in 170 grams are 190 calories, 7 grams of total fat, 0.5 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 5 mg of cholesterol, 270 mg of sodium, 27 grams of total carbohydrates, 4 grams of dietary fiber, 5 grams of sugar, 6 grams of protein.
- Nutrition facts California roll, in 8 pieces weighs 211 grams, are 349 calories, 19 grams of total fat, 2.8 grams of saturated fat, 0.1 grams of trans fat, 8.3 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 6.8 grams of monounsaturated fat, 17 mg of cholesterol, 537 mg of sodium, 38 grams of total carbohydrates, 3.2 grams of dietary fiber, 7 grams of sugar, 7.8 grams of protein.
- Sushi California roll nutrition facts in 105.5 grams are 174.5 calories, 9.5 grams of total fat, 1.4 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 4.2 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 3.4 grams of monounsaturated, 8.5 mg of cholesterol, 268.5 mg of sodium, 19 grams of total carbohydrates, 1.6 grams of dietary fiber, 3.5 grams of sugars, 3.9 grams of protein.
- Crunchy California roll nutrition facts in 361 grams are 632 calories, 40 grams of total fat, 4.5 grams of saturated fat, 0.6 grams of trans fat, 22 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 11 grams of monounsaturated fat, 23 mg of cholesterol, 1086 mg of sodium, 56 grams of total carbohydrates, 4.1 grams of dietary fiber, 15 grams of sugars, and 13 grams of protein.
- 8-piece California roll nutrition facts are 349 calories, 19 grams of total fat, 2.8 grams of saturated fat, 0.1 grams of trans fat, 8.3 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 6.8 grams of monounsaturated fat, 17 mg of cholesterol, 537 mg of sodium, 38 grams of total carbohydrates, 3.2 grams of dietary fiber, 7 grams of sugar, 7.8 grams of protein.
- California roll calories 8 pieces are 262 calories, California roll calories 10 pieces are 328 calories, California roll calories 6 pieces are 170 calories, calories in spicy tuna roll is 175 calories, and avocado roll calories 6 pieces are 168 calories.
California Roll Ingredients
California roll ingredients are,
- Crab Stick
- English Cucumber
What Is California Roll?
Many people, especially those who are outside of the United States and Canada don’t know much about California Roll, as it is not so popular in other countries. A California roll is categorized as maki-zushi, meaning rolled sushi. It is generally made inside out, so that, in cross-section, the roll has a layer of rice, a layer of nori, and an inner core of filling. Making California roll at home is very easy, you will need a sushi mat, a sharp knife, the above-mentioned ingredients, and tobiko to roll the sushi in. to make sushi rice, cook short-grained rice and mix it with sugar rice, rice vinegar, and a pinch of salt.
Very firstly, lay down a sheet of nori on the sushi mat, dip your hands in the water, and spread a thin layer of rice onto the nori, pressing down lightly so that the rice adheres. Now, flip the nori over and make a line of ingredients down the middle. Then starting with the edge nearest you, roll the nori up, tucking the end inside the roll and firmly pressing to compact the roll once it has been made. Finally, roll the sushi in sesame seeds or roe, if desired, and cut it before serving.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
What Is The Nutritional Value Of A California Roll?
Sushifaq California Roll (1 serving) contains 38g total carbs, 32.2g net carbs, 7g fat, 9g protein, and 255 calories.
Are California Sushi Rolls Healthy?
A California roll is generally OK if you keep away from high-calorie, fatty, mayonnaise-like dips and sauces.
How Many Calories In A 9 Piece California Roll?
There are 295 calories in 9 California Rolls.
Why Do California Rolls Have So Many Calories?
Most of those calories come from the sticky white rice that holds your roll together. Sushi rice is typically made by adding in vinegar and sugar, and the sugar gives it more calories than steamed rice, Zeratsky says.
Is Sushi Okay For Diet?
Sushi is one of your safest bets regarding low-calorie takeout and restaurant ordering. It is excellent for a weight loss diet, as long as the sushi does not contain mayo, glazes, sauces, or breading.
Is California Rolls Good For Protein?
A salmon and avocado roll (on average) contains 304 calories, 13 grams of protein, 5.8 grams of fiber, 42 grams of carbohydrates and 8.7 grams of fat per roll. California rolls have 255 calories, 9 grams of protein, 5.8 grams of fiber, 38 grams of carbs and 7 grams of fat per roll.
Now, you have an idea of all the nutritional facts in California roll including total fat, calories, sodium, total carbohydrates, protein, and sugars. Initially, it was popular only in the United States and Canada, but now gradually it is spreading to other countries also. California roll is packed with a wide range of nutrients and it is a complete meal all on its own. It contains a combination of cucumber, crab, and avocado and contains a healthy balance of carbs, fiber, ad healthy fats all rolled up together. Now, you know California roll facts you can eat them.
How healthy are California rolls