Have you eaten crab cake? If yes, then it is time to know about crab cake nutrition facts. And you don’t need to go anywhere because, in this article, we are going to discuss all the nutritional facts about crab cake. By reading the term ‘crab cake’ you might have already got an idea of it, that it may be made from the crab. And you are right, it is made of crab meat and various other ingredients, which we will mention below. We also have the advantages and disadvantages of eating crab cake and who should not eat it, in detail. Without further delay let’s get started and know the crab cake nutrition facts.
What Are Crab Cake Nutrition Facts?
Crab Cake nutrition facts are
|Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
Note: The given nutrition facts in Crab Cake are based on a serving size of 125 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000-calorie diet.
- Pappas crab cake nutrition facts in one medium cake of 210 grams are 362 calories, 23 grams of total fat, 3.6 grams of saturated fat, 0.4 grams of trans fat, 13 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 5.6 grams of monounsaturated fat, 158 mg of cholesterol, 1286 mg of sodium, 15 grams of total carbohydrates, 1.2 grams of dietary fiber, 3 grams of sugars, and 23 grams of protein.
- Red lobster crab cake nutrition facts in one serving are 410 calories, 36 grams of total fat, 8 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 105 mg of cholesterol, 780 mg of sodium, 8 grams of total carbohydrates, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 3 grams of sugars, and 16 grams of protein.
- Crab cake sandwich nutrition facts per serving are 32 grams of total fat, 5 grams of saturated fat, 0 grams of trans fat, 150 mg of cholesterol, 1500 mg of sodium, 56 grams of total carbohydrates, 4 grams of dietary fiber, 17 grams of sugars, and 26 grams of protein. A crab cake sandwich calories are 610 per serving.
- Friend crab cake nutrition facts in one serving are 6 grams of total fat, 2.5 grams of saturated fat, 30 mg of cholesterol, 380 mg of sodium, 23 grams of total carbs, 1 gram of dietary fiber, 3 grams of total sugars, and 1 gram of added sugars. While the calories in crab cake fried are 180.
- Broiled crab cake nutrition facts in 420 grams are 724 calories, 46 grams of total fat, 7.2 grams of saturated fat, 0.8 grams of trans fat, 26 grams of polyunsaturated fat, 11.2 grams of monounsaturated fat, 316 mg of cholesterol, 2572 mg of sodium, 30 grams of total carbohydrates, 2.4 grams of dietary fiber, 6 grams of sugars, and 46 grams of protein.
- You all may know that our body needs energy to keep us alive and our organs functioning normally. So, for that reason calories are essential in the body. Crabs are high in calories. Let’s know the calories in crabs in different ways. So, Calories in restaurants crab cakes are 380, calories in 8 oz crab cake are 603, 4 oz crab cake calories are 302, Maryland crab cake calories are 240, and crab cake calories baked are 167 calories.
Crab Cake Ingredients
Crab cake ingredients are
- Crab meat
- Bread crumbs
- Hot sauce
- Kosher salt
- Worcestershire sauce
What Is Crab Cake?
As per the name ‘crab cake,’ it is made from crab meat and other ingredients as mentioned above. You also can add more ingredients as per your choice and availability. Crab cake falls under the variety of fishcakes that are extremely popular in countries like the United States, especially in Virginia and Maryland. It is categorized as seafood and it is enjoyed by almost everyone around the world. It is said that crabs taste delicious and once you eat them, you won’t stop eating again.
One common question that came to everyone’s mind is, what does crab cake taste like? Well, the taste of crab cake differs greatly depending on the quantity of crab meat and ingredients. For example, while there are people who love eating only soft and sweet, others love making savory crab cakes. They can be eaten as is after they are cooked. For a better taste, serve the crab cakes with tartar sauce and fresh lemon wedges. Squeezing fresh lemon over the cooked crab gives it a light, refreshing flavor.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Are Crab Cakes Nutritious?
Lots of Protein
One serving of crab is twenty grams of protein making it a great source of high protein for athletes and diabetics alike. While you’re getting the protein you need, you will also be receiving the rich vitamins and minerals your body needs to function and maintain a healthy nervous system.
How Many Calories Are In An Average Sized Crab Cake?
Crab Cakes, Maryland Style Premium: (4 oz.) calories 240, calories from fat 140, total fat 16g, saturated fat 3.2g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 140mg, sodium 811mg, total carbohydrate 8g, dietary fiber 0g, sugars 0g, protein 16g, vitamin a 4%, vitamin c 2%, calcium 11%, iron 8%.
How Many Carbs In A Baked Crab Cake?
Bake in oven for 20 minutes or until cakes are browned on top. Nutritional info per serving (1 crab cake): 124 calories, 3 grams total fat, 0 grams saturated fat, 100 milligrams cholesterol, 877 milligrams sodium, 7 grams total carbohydrate, 18 grams protein.
Is Crab High In Bad Cholesterol?
Crab is very good to eat if you are looking after your heart – its nutrients are shown to reduce bad cholesterol in your blood. Crab contains chromium which helps increase the level of HDL (good cholesterol) in your body – therefore reducing the risk of heart disease and strokes.
Do Crab Cakes Have Lot Of Carbs?
Sea Queen Crab Cakes (1 cake) contains 4g total carbs, 4g net carbs, 13g fat, 11g protein, and 180 calories.
After reading this article, you have got a hint regarding the nutritional facts of the crab and also how to serve crab cakes. The advantages of eating crabs are including improved heart health, prevention of anemia, keeping your brain strong, etc. but there are also some risks associated with crab cake consumption and they are toxicity due to high levels of cadmium, high amount of cholesterol and fat, and a concoction of deep-fried ingredients that contains crab. Therefore, those who are suffering from diabetes, heart disease, weight gain, or obesity, should avoid eating crab or crab cake. Now, you have crab cake nutrition facts, you can avoid or eat them.