Are you a goldfish lover? Then you should definitely know about goldfish nutrition facts. Some people consider it a super healthy food because they have real cheese, no added sugar, no vegetable oil, and fiber. But on the other side, many people consider goldfish crackers unhealthy because they contain too much sodium.
Below we will discuss and know the nutrition facts of goldfish including all varieties of goldfish. Any food may be healthy or unhealthy, it depends on you, how you prepare it and which ingredients are you using to make it. Because naturally, food is healthy we make it unhealthy by adding preservatives, colors, sugar, and other chemicals for the sake of taste and appearance. Let’s know goldfish nutrition facts.
What Are Goldfish Nutrition Facts?
Goldfish nutrition facts are
|Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
Note: The given nutrition facts of goldfish are based on a serving size of 55 pieces of 30 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Whole grain goldfish nutrition facts in the serving of 26 grams are 120 calories, 36 calories from fat, total fat 4g, saturated fat 1g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 5 mg, sodium 200 mg, total carbohydrates 18g, dietary fiber 29, sugars 0g, and protein 3g.
- Goldfish snacks nutrition facts in the serving of 48 pieces of 30 grams of Graham brand are 140 calories, 4 grams of total fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, sodium 105 mg, total carbohydrates 23g, dietary fiber 2g, and protein 2g. There are other nutritions present in goldfish snacks but we have mentioned some important nutritions.
- Baked goldfish nutrition facts in the serving size of 45 grams are 140 calories, 6 grams of total fat, 1.5 grams of saturated fat, 5 mg of cholesterol, 250 mg of sodium, 19 grams of total carbohydrates, and 1 gram of dietary fiber.
- Baby goldfish nutrition facts in the serving of 89 pieces of 30 grams are 140 calories, total fat 5g, saturated fat 1g, trans fat 0g, cholesterol 10mg, sodium 250mg, total carbohydrates 20g, dietary fiber 0.5g, sugars 0g, and protein 3g.
- Goldfish serving size of 40 pieces of 21.8 grams contains nutritional facts of 99.6 calories, 3.5g total fat, 190.5mg sodium, 43.6 mg potassium, 14.5g total carbohydrates, 0.2g sugars, and 2.5g protein.
- While talking about goldfish carbs, the fish have 20 grams of carbs per serving, which is pretty high. While goldfish carbs 1 cup are 32.33 grams and goldfish calories 1 cup are 266.
Now, you all about the nutritional values of goldfish, let’s know the ingredients used while making goldfish.
Goldfish ingredients are,
- Wheat flour
- Cheddar cheese
- Vegetable oils
- Onion powder
- Monocalcium phosphate
- Baking soda
The above give ingredients are as per chaddar goldfish ingredients you can add or cut down some ingredients as per your choice.
What Are Goldfish?
A goldfish is a freshwater fish belonging to the family called Cyprinidae of the order Cypriniformes. The scientific name of the goldfish is Carassius Auratus. Goldfish are common as pets and also for eating. They are as edible as any other freshwater fish.
If you go to eat them, always keep in mind that, Goldfish are most likely not very tasty and their taste depends on what they have eaten. For instance, a pet goldfish would likely taste a bit like fish flakes and pellets. For many people, the smell of these pellets is enough to make them vomit. Goldfish are similarly born and raised in captivity, really should be cooked before eating.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Are Goldfish Healthy To Eat?
Generally speaking, Goldfish Crackers are healthier than most other crackers, chips and similar snacks. But they’re still little more than empty calories, and they’re not gonna put much of a dent in your appetite. In fact, they may only make you hungrier due to their sizable amount of sodium.
Do Goldfish Have Protein?
There are 24 calories in a 10 goldfish (5.200g) serving size of PEPPERIDGE FARM, Goldfish, Baked Snack Crackers, Cheddar. The calorie breakdown is 32% fat, 58% carbs, and 10% protein.
Can You Eat Too Many Goldfish?
Eating too many Goldfish at once can make you gain weight. A snack is smaller than a meal.
Why Goldfish Are The Best Snack?
Goldfish are also a healthier alternative to sugary, greasy, and unnaturally colored snacks. They are made with whole grains, enriched wheat, and use natural colorants. They also use real cheddar cheese to get their taste.
In this article, you have gone through the goldfish nutrition facts ingredients and also know how they taste like. Anything in an extra amount is not good for your body so, eating a lot of goldfish may not kill you but the parasites are dangerous to humans. Consuming goldfish can transmit intestinal worms and mycobacteria, which causes Fish-Handler’s Disease. The bacteria can be dormant in the fish but also survive the cooking process. Now, you can decide whether you are going to eat goldfish or not because you know goldfish nutrition facts now.