Have you got a craving for greek yogurt? Yes? Then go for it, but before that know greek yogurt nutrition facts. As it is necessary to be conscious about what you are eating. Do you know how much energy it takes to burn 100 calories? You need to run one mile to burn them. And on an average a female adult needs to burn 1,600 to 2,200 such calories per day, to stay healthy and fit. Therefore, before eating any junk food or fried food, keep in mind that prevention is better than cure. Below we will discuss greek yogurt in detail and we also tell you the benefits and downsides of eating it. Let’s know Greek yogurt nutrition facts.
What Are Greek Yogurt Nutrition Facts?
Greek Yogurt nutrition facts are
|Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
Note: The given nutrition facts plain greek yogurt are based on serving size of 6 oz of 170 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Plain Greek yogurt nutrition facts of serving size of 9 oz of 255 grams are 150 calories, 9 calories from fat, 1g total fat, 0.3g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 12.8 mg cholesterol, 91.5 g sodium, 360 mg potassium, 9.1g total carbohydrates, 0g dietary fiber, 8.3g sugars, 25.2g protein.
- Greek yogurt nutrition facts per cup are 281 calories, 22.06 grams of protein, 13.71 grams of saturated fat, 83 mg of cholesterol, 132 mg of sodium, 12.1 grams of total carbohydrate, 0 grams of dietary fiber, 11.09 grams of sugars, and 9.73 grams of protein.
- Chobani greek yogurt nutrition facts of serving size of 1 container of 150 grams are 110 calories, 0g total fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 65 mg sodium, 190 mg potassium, 16g total carbohydrates, 0.5 grams of dietary fiber, 14 grams of sugars, and 11 grams of protein.
- Greek yogurt for weight loss is mostly preferred yogurt because it boasts a high protein content while being low in fat, carbs, calories, and sugars. Also, it is rich in probiotics to help with immune and digestive health, providing bacteria for a healthy gut biome.
- Greek yogurt protein per 100g of serving is 10 grams which is pretty low and good for those who are struggling with being overweight. If greek yogurt is good for weight loss then it may be good for all. Are you thinking like that? Greek yogurt is not suitable for everyone. Then why greek yogurt is bad for you? Because yogurt can be made with bones and bugs. Some Greek varieties add gelatin, which is made by boiling animals’ skin, tendons, ligaments, or bones.
You know the greek yogurt plain nutrition facts as well as the nutritional values of other forms of greek yogurt.
Greek Yogurt Ingredients
Greek yogurt ingredients are
- Live cultures
- Dry milk powder
What Is Greek Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is nothing but yogurt that is made differently from regular yogurt by adding extra things. As you can see, regular yogurt is pourable but when you shift to greek yogurt, you may find it completely solid. So, greek yogurt is thicker and denser than regular yogurt and also it is nearly solid, you can practically stick a spoon upright in it. This is the major difference between greek yogurt vs regular yogurt.
Now, the questions arise, how to make Greek yogurt? Well, it is pretty easy to make greek yogurt at your home, as it needs only two ingredients. Below you may find several ingredients, don’t fall for that, these ingredients are used by commercial greek yogurt producers. So, the two ingredients are regular yogurt with good quality and whole-fat milk.
Firstly, heat milk and make it a little thick then leave it for cooling. After cooling, add ½ cup regular yogurt and let sit for 4 to 8 hours, or until yogurt is thick and tangy. Now, strain it to make greek yogurt. To strain, line a mesh sieve with cotton cloth, and pouryogurtt in. place over a large bowl and let strain in the fridge for a few hours until it reaches a consistency you like.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Is Greek Yogurt Actually Healthy?
Greek yogurt is a type of yogurt that’s high in protein and other nutrients like vitamin B12, calcium, and selenium. It’s linked to a few health benefits, such as supporting muscle and bone health, and certain types may help contribute to a healthy gut.
What Are The Benefits Of Eating Greek Yogurt?
Greek yogurt is an excellent source of calcium, which can help improve bone health. It also contains probiotics, which support a healthy bacterial balance in the gut. Eating Greek yogurt may be associated with lower blood pressure and a lower risk of type 2 diabetes.
Is Greek Yogurt A Carb Or Protein?
Carbs. One container of nonfat, plain Greek yogurt (156 grams) typically contains 5 grams of carbohydrates.
Is Greek Yogurt Healthier Than Regular Yogurt?
Because nutritionists urge us to avoid too many sweets, going Greek is a smarter choice. “Greek has a lower amount of sugar (around 5-8 grams, compared to 12 or more grams) than the regular yogurt, while still having the high levels of vitamins and minerals,” Ewoldt says.
In the past, people bought Greek yogurt by mistake or when there was no other option for them. And after opening the container of greek yogurt, then thought, what is this? But, now it has become extremely popular and almost everyone knows about it. It is essentially the same as regular yogurt with the addition of one critical step, which is straining. Straining is used to remove extra or excessive water, to make it a thicker, more protein-dense product. Therefore, in the United States, they called it strained yogurt. So, this was all about Greek yogurt nutrition facts.