This article will give you ham nutrition facts in detail. Many people like to eat ham because it is popular diet meat, appetizer, and entree that they have likely eaten on sandwiches or with holiday meals. Since it is processed meat, you may wonder whether ham is good for you. But it is a rich dietary source of carnosine, choline, and coenzyme Q10, which is a compound that aids energy production and cell messaging throughout your body. Without further delay let’s get started and know about ham nutrition facts.
What Are Ham Nutrition Facts?
Ham nutrition facts are
|Ham Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
Note: The given nutrition facts of ham are based on serving size of 1 cup of 134 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Sliced ham nutrition facts serving 1 slice are 4.65g protein, 1.07g carbohydrate, 45.64 kcal energy, 0g sugar, and 0.36g total dietary fiber. However, the ham and cheese hot pockets nutrition facts serving 1 piece of 113g are 250 calories, 7g total fat, 4g saturated fat, and 0g trans fat.
- Honey baked ham nutrition facts serving a slice are 125 calories, 5g fat, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, and 18g protein. As well, ham nutrition facts 100g are 139 calories, 46 calories from fat, 1g saturated fat, 64 mg cholesterol, sodium 977 mg, potassium 345 mg, and total carbohydrates 1.1g.
- While talking about the ham sandwich, the ham sandwich nutrition facts of one piece of 238 grams are 409 calories, calories from fat 125, 14g total fat, 3.7g saturated fat, 50 mg cholesterol, 1479 mg sodium, 500 mg potassium, and total carbohydrates 48g.
- The spiral ham nutrition facts of 3 oz of 85 grams are 118 calories, 36 calories from fat, 4.3g total fat, 08g saturated fat, 54 mg cholesterol, 830mg sodium, 293 mg potassium, and 0.9g total carbohydrates.
- Do you know? The cooked ham calories 100g are 172 and hum protein is 29 grams, which is ham protein per slice.
Now, you know ham nutrition facts per slice. Let’s know which ingredients are presented in the ham.
Ham ingredients are
- Cured with Water
- Potassium Lactate
- Modified Potato Starch
- Sodium Phosphates
- Dehydrates Pork Stock
- Sodium Erythorbate
- Sodium Nitrite
What Is Ham?
Ham is a redy-to-eat food made from the curd thigh meat of the turkey. Mostly, ham is preserved in some way, either smoked or salted, and traditionally this meat comes from a hog’s hnd legs. Ham is made around the world but with different regional specialties, such as Westphalian ham and some varieties of Spanish Jamon.
Is ham protein or fat? A ham is a compact source of high-grade animal protein, ham compares favorably with good beef in this respect and has available energy ranging from 1200 to 2600 calories per pound, depending on fatness. It is an outstanding source of thiamine, iron, riboflavin, niacin, phosphorus, and calcium. Ham was one of the most ancient meats of civilized peoples and was common throughout Europe and Asia except where forbidden by religious edict.
What type of ham is healthy? Uncured, cooked ham preserved using celery juice and sea mixture with natural nitrites is generally considered the healthiest ham. Eating ham everyday is not recommended because it may increase your risk of certain cancers.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Is Ham Healthy To Eat?
Rich in selenium, zinc, phosphorus, potassium and iron, ham may make a useful inclusion for supporting thyroid function, immunity, bone health and energy production.
What Food Value Is In Ham?
Three ounces of cooked ham with the fat and bone removed contains 104.4 calories, 3.72 grams of fat, 16.2 grams of protein and less than one gram of carbohydrates. The same amount also has 966 milligrams of sodium, which is over 42% of your daily value (DV).
Is Ham As Healthy As Chicken?
Both ham and chicken are good sources of protein and essential vitamins and minerals, with ham containing slightly higher levels of micronutrients than chicken. However, ham is very high in sodium and consuming this type of processed meat may increase your risk for certain health problems.
Is Ham Healthier Than Bacon?
There are fewer carbohydrates and more protein in Canadian bacon when compared to ham, and a lower sodium level than ham. Ham contains more Vitamin C and calcium than Canadian bacon, but ham also has a higher calorie count.
In this article you become aware of the nutrition facts of ham as well as its ingredients in detail. And you know that ham is particularly rich in selenium, providing up to 76% of the daily values per 2 ounces, spending on the type. Selenium is an essential nutrient that aids reproduction, DNA construction, and defense from infections. Compared with poultry and fish, pork products like ham are higher in iron, thiamine, and other B vitamins. Yet, pork may be lower in some nutrients than other red meats, such as beef. So, this was all about the ham nutrition facts.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit AllForMens
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Anamounto
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit AskCorran
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit ATSMotorSports
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit BeingCost
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit Populationzone