After knowing the ketchup nutrition facts, you will become more specific while choosing the ketchup for you and your family. The fact can’t be denied that almost all people love ketchup whether it may be junk foods or even homemade food, all want to add some ketchup. But there are other facts also that we can’t just eat the food by ignoring its nutrition facts. So, to make you aware of the proportion of ketchup fat, ketchup protein, and many other facts in ketchup, let’s know about the ketchup nutrition facts.
What Are Ketchup Nutrition Facts?
Here are Ketchup nutrition facts are mentioned below
|Ketchup Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
|Total Carbohydrates||4.7 g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g||0|
Note: The table containing ketchup nutrition facts serving 1 tbsp of 17 grams and % daily values are based on a 2000 calories diet.
- When compared to other condiments you will find that 1 tablespoon of ketchup contains nearly twice as many calories as mustard but fewer than a fourth of the number of calories that mayonnaise contains. From the table given above, 1 tablespoon of ketchup calories is 17, which is within the healthy limit.
- While talking about the reduced sugar ketchup nutrition facts, they include total fat of 0g, total sugars less than 1 g, sodium 190 mg, and total carbohydrate 1 g. Similarly, the Heinz ketchup nutrition facts are 0% of total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol, potassium, dietary fiber, and 8% of sodium which is 180 mg.
- Generally, people are much more conscious about their calorie consumption. 2 tablespoons of ketchup calories is 38 which is not too much, so you can eat.
- With regard to sugar, ketchup tends to contain more than mayonnaise or mustard which each contain less than 1% of the % daily values for sugar per 1 tbsp serving compared with the 7% found in the same amount of ketchup.
- So, ketchup proves low in calories, carbs, protein, and fat. Still, the condiment does contain moderate amounts of sugars and salts as these are two of its main facts.
Now that you know everything about the nutrition facts Heinz ketchup, then let’s go to know about the ketchup ingredients.
Ketchup ingredients are
- Tomato concentrate from red ripe tomatoes
- Distilled Vinegar
- High-fructose Corn Syrup
- Corn Syrup
- Onion Powder
- Natural Flavoring
So, after knowing the nutrition facts and ingredients of ketchup, let’s understand what ketchup is.
What Is Ketchup?
Ketchup is a basic tomato-based condiment, which boasts a simple nutrition profile. It is commonly used to top foods like French fries or hot dogs. Moreover, since you are often just using a small amount of ketchup with your meal, you won’t get your essential nutrition from ketchup.
Ketchup recipes vary, but it is made from a core set of ingredients like tomatoes, sugar, salt, and vinegar. It may be the source of added sugar and sodium, but because it is usually not consumed in large quantities, it can be included in a healthy diet.
The tomato ketchup benefits and side effects are taste enhancers, low calories, diabetes, and obesity respectively. Many people want to know is ketchup a carbohydrate, the answer is Yes, ketchup is carbohydrates.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
What Is The Main Nutrient In Ketchup?
The main ingredient, tomatoes, are high in vitamin C and vitamin A and can also be a good source of vitamin K, potassium, and manganese (depending on the amount consumed). But you are not likely to consume enough ketchup to get substantial levels of any of these nutrients.
Is Ketchup Healthy Or Unhealthy?
Compared with its competitor mayonnaise, ketchup has no fat and far fewer calories per tablespoon (mayo contains 103 calories, 12 grams fat). This makes it a healthier choice for those trying to cut out added calories. Processed and cooked tomatoes were also found to have high levels of the antioxidant lycopene.
What Are The Health Benefits Of Ketchup?
Tomato ketchup is rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin A, nutrients key for a healthy vision. Along with this, tomato ketchup also helps to boost the immune system. Though tomato ketchup is high in sugar and salt, it helps enhance the taste of every dish.
Is Ketchup A Fat Protein Or Carb?
Ketchup contains 275 calories per 272 g serving. This serving contains 0.3 g of fat, 2.8 g of protein and 75 g of carbohydrate. The latter is 58 g sugar and 0.8 g of dietary fiber, the rest is complex carbohydrate.
While going through this article you became known about the actual nutrition facts on ketchup along with the ingredients used in ketchup. When you go to buy a ketchup bottle, then you see there are many different ketchup brands and different styles. But the most popular brands contain similar ingredients, such as tomato concentrate, vinegar, high fructose, etc. Even organic varieties or those labeled as “natural” are likely to contain added sugar and added sodium. But it does not become an issue because the consumption quality of ketchup is less, one or two spoons. It becomes harmful when you consume ketchup in high amounts. If you are a ketchup lover then once go through this article because for your good health you should know about the ketchup nutrition facts.
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit renowz
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit clynerr
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit chenje
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit doescost
To Know Some Great Stuff Do Visit fyndblog