Here we will know the pinto beans nutrition facts. Pinto beans are the most popular dried beans in the US. They are a variety of common bean, which is frequently used in Mexican cuisine. They are reddish-brown colored when dried but become a solid light brown or pale pink when cooked. They have an earthy, almost nutty flavor and are simple to prepare. Pinto beans are regularly eaten whole or mashed. They are not only full of vitamins and minerals but also offer several impressive health benefits. They are budget-friendly, nutritious, versatile legumes commonly used in soups, stews, and rice dishes. Let’s have a look at the pinto beans nutrition facts.
Click here – What Are Sprite Nutrition Facts?
What Are Pinto Beans Nutrition Facts?
Pinto beans nutrition facts are
|Pinto Beans Nutrition Facts
|% Daily Values
Note: The given nutrition facts of pinto beans are based on serving size of 3 oz of 113 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Pinto beans nutrition facts 1 cup serving size of 171 grams contains 245 calories, 45 grams of carbs, 15 grams of fibre, 15 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, and 407 mgs of sodium.
- Pinto beans nutrition facts 100g contains 86 calories, 7.09 grams of protein, 20.69 grams of carbs, 112 calories from fat, and 0.41 grams of fat.
- Canned pinto beans nutrition facts contain 110 calories, 20 grams of carbohydrates, 8 grams of protein, 0 grams of fat, and 20 grams of fibre.
- ½ cup cooked pinto beans nutrition facts contains 123 calories, 8 grams of protein, 0.5 grams of total fat, 22 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of sugars, 8 grams of dietary fibre, 1 mgs of sodium, and 2 mgs of iron.
- Cooked pinto beans nutrition facts contain 245 calories, 45 grams of carbs, 15 grams of fibre, 15 grams of protein, 1 gram of fat, and 407 mgs of sodium.
Pinto Beans Ingredients
Pinto beans ingredients are
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
What Are Pinto Beans?
Pinto beans are faint brown colored, spotted legumes that belong to the scientific family Phaseolus vulgaris, a wide classification that also includes navy, kidney, and black beans. The beans are believed to be native to Central and South America and are a popular part of many Mexican dishes. The US consumes more of these beans than nearly any other country but they are eaten and widely available in most parts of the world.
Pinto beans are extremely nutritious and they are an excellent source of protein, vitamins, minerals, and fibre. These nutrients may provide several benefits such as improved blood sugar control and heart health. Pinto beans are also rich in various antioxidants and may help lower your risk of chronic disease.
But, the overconsumption of pinto beans may lead to increased flatulence, abdominal pain, allergies, and affected bones regardless of the nutrition facts of pinto beans.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Are Pinto Beans Good For Your Health?
Pinto beans are extremely nutritious. They’re an excellent source of protein, fiber, vitamins, and minerals. These nutrients may provide several benefits, including improved blood sugar control and heart health. Pinto beans are also rich in various antioxidants and may help lower your risk of chronic disease.
Are Pinto Beans Heart Healthy?
Pinto beans have been shown to benefit heart health, as they may lower blood pressure, total cholesterol and LDL (“bad”) cholesterol 6. These improved biomarkers are indicators of better heart health. Moreover, the sodium in pinto beans is less than 1% of the DV, and the cholesterol in pinto beans is 0 milligrams.
Are Pinto Beans Good For Bowel Movement?
Pinto beans are an excellent source of fibre known to aid digestion and improve bowel movements and gut health.
Which Is Healthier Pinto Beans Or Rice?
Both white rice and pinto beans are high in calories.
White rice has 14% more calories than pinto bean – white rice has 130 calories per 100 grams and pinto bean has 114 calories. For macronutrient ratios, white rice is lighter in protein, much heavier in carbs and lighter in fat compared to pinto beans per calorie.
Click here – What Are Nutella Nutrition Facts?
Are Pinto Or Black Beans Healthier?
Nutritional Value in Pinto and Black Beans
Pinto and black beans are extremely similar in their nutritional values. They both offer protein, fiber, calories, iron, vitamin B1 and more. However, pinto beans have slightly more calories, carbs, fiber and fat content.
Which Bean Has The Most Protein?
With nearly 26.12 g/100 g, it’s the legume with the highest protein content. Fava beans are a nutritional powerhouse, providing ample carbohydrates, protein, fiber and vitamins, even when dried!
How Much Protein Is In 100g Of Boiled Pinto Beans?
- Pinto beans belong to the pulses family of plant foods, including lentils, peas, and soybeans. While the carbohydrates value in 100g of pinto beans is 62.6 g, the beans are famous for their protein content. 100g of beans contain 21.4 g of protein, making it an excellent plant-based source.
In this article you have got to know about the nutritional facts of pinto beans in detail. How many carbs in pinto beans cooked? So, pinto beans carbs are high in amount and provide a healthy dose of complex carbohydrates. Similarly, the calories in boiled pinto beans with salt are around 245 in the serving size of 171 grams. While talking about the fibre in pinto beans cooked, there is only 1 gram of fat in pinto beans, which makes them a naturally low-fat food. But, be cautious while eating processed forms of pinto beans because they may contain added fat. Now, you have understood the pinto beans nutrition facts.
Are pinto beans a carb or protein
How many calories are in a cup of pinto beans?