Do you know how much you benefited from a salad? This article will tell you about salad nutrition facts. Many people declared salad one of the healthiest foods without getting what actually it contains. Whether the salad is healthy or not depends on what you add to those greens. The right toppings can make a filling meal that is loaded with minerals, vitamins, proteins, fats, and smart carbs. But other ingredients can pack in extra calories, sodium, fat, and sugar. There are several varieties of salad such as fruit salad, vegetable salad, sprouted grains salad, cobb salad, Arabic salad, etc. you can eat as per your choice and need. So let’s get started and have a look at salad nutrition facts.
What Are Salad Nutrition Facts?
Salad nutrition facts are
|Salad Nutrition Facts||Values||% Daily Values|
|Total Carbohydrates||4.2 g||1%|
Note: The given salad nutrition facts 100g are based on serving size of 3 cups of 100 grams, and the % daily values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
- Chicken salad chick nutrition facts are 390 calories, 270 calories from fat, 30g total fat, 6g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, cholesterol 65 mg, 800 mg sodium, 11g total carbohydrates, and 14g protein.
- Seaweed salad nutrition facts are calories 70, protein 1g, carbohydrates 11g, fiber 5g, sugar 6g, fat 2.5g, sodium 36% of RDI.
- Fruit salad nutrition facts of serving size of ¼ cup are 90 calories, 0g total fat, 0g saturated fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 24 g total carbohydrates, and 2g fiber.
- Pasta salad nutrition facts of serving 1 cup are 24g total fat, 5.9g saturated fat, 0.2g trans fat, 24 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 244 mg potassium, and 35g total carbohydrates.
- Potato salad nutrition facts are 358 calories, 27.9g total carbs, 24.7g net carbs, 20.5g fat, and 6.7g protein.
- Tuna salad nutrition facts of 85 grams are 159 calories, 7.9g total fat, 11 mg cholesterol, 342 mg sodium, 8g total carbohydrate, and 14g protein.
- Vegetable salad nutrition facts are 6.8g total fat, 1.6g saturated fat, 0.1g trans fat, 5.2 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 335 mg potassium, 11g total carbohydrates, and 2.7g dietary fiber.
- Tossed salad nutrition facts are total fat 13g, saturated fat 3.1g, trans fat 0.1g, cholesterol 9.3 mg, sodium 176 mg, potassium 353 mg, total carbohydrates 6.4g, and dietary fiber 2.8g.
- Healthy salad nutrition facts are calories 39, protein 1.3g, carbohydrates 8.4g, sugar 5.9g, fat 0.4g, fiber 1.3g, and sodium 87 mg.
- House salad nutrition facts serving size of 100 grams are 64 calories, 12g carbs, protein 15g, and fat 27g.
Salad ingredients are
- Heart of palm
- Garden beets
- Green beans
What Is Salad?
Salad is nothing but a mixture of vegetables, usually not cooked, that you often eat together with other foods. There are many types of salad like green salad, vegetable salad, pasta salad, etc. which means the type of salad depends on the ingredients used in the salad.
The most commonly eaten salad is vegetable salad, which is a mixture of cooked or raw vegetables. We can add tomatoes, green beans, beets, cucumbers, and mushrooms while making a vegetable salad.
Salad is a very good source of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It helps you to get enough fruit or vegetables in your diet. It also curtails calorie consumption. But excessive consumption of salad could be the cause of gib bloat. Because vegetables are rich in fiber and when you can not digest it, it can cause gas and bloat.
Get to know more nutrition facts on Truelynutrition
Do Salads Have Good Nutrition?
Salads can be a good way to get your important vitamins, minerals, and fiber. However, not all salads are healthy or nutritious. It depends on what is in the salad.
Is Salad A Protein Or Carb?
Lettuce is truly a low-carb food. The U.S. Department of Agriculture reports that 1 cup of shredded green-leaf lettuce only contains about 1 gram of carbs. Leafy greens are also rich in folate, vitamin A and vitamin K.
What Does Salad Do To Your Stomach?
“Salad wants to move through the body faster than denser food.” Putting raw, water-packed vegetables into your body first helps to lubricate your digestive path, and acts as “an enzymatic spark,” she says, one that makes it easier to later move heavier food through the body.
Is Salad Good For Metabolism?
Lettuce: The rumor is that lettuce slows down your metabolism, but in reality, lettuce does more good than harm. Eating lettuce, such as salad before a meal, can help you eat fewer calories and keep you full. It’s a perfectly healthy food many people eat frequently to help them lose weight.
Now you know almost all the information about salad and its nutritional factors. Everyone knows salad is a good source of vitamins, minerals, and essential micro-minerals, but depending on the way they are prepared and eaten, they can also be negative for you. People add multiple ingredients while making a salad to make the dish look colorful and attractive. But, multiple ingredients may increase fat. So, use fewer vegetables or fruits to make a salad. Now, you have understood everything about salad nutrition facts.